6 Reasons why supplementation is important:
- Essential nutrients – the body is able to produce many minerals and vitamins, but there are a few that are classified as ESSENTIAL. This means that our body needs them for important functions but cannot produce it. Multivitamins are a good source of these essential nutrients.
- Food quality – We receive plenty of nutrients from our diets, unfortunately the quality of our food has decreased. Due to over-farming, mass production and the use of certain chemicals, the quality of our fresh produce and livestock has declined. This means we are getting less vitamins and minerals from our diet.
- Diet – Most of us are trying to balance our work with our family and social lives, leaving very little time for healthy meal prep all week round. This is why supplementing your diet with a good multivitamin and mineral is important to fill the gaps in our diets.
- Stress- The majority of the population experiences distress (the negative type of stress) at some time or the other. This can start at a young age and carry on through adulthood. Distress depletes our vitamin and mineral reserves. Which means that even if you are eating healthy most of the time your body can not keep up with the demand. So, if you feel stressed and overwhelmed don’t forget about our multivitamin.
- Exercise – For those getting in their recommended time of exercise and for those training for sports and events it is important to supplement. When we exercise our bodies burn through our building blocks (vitamins and minerals) faster so that we can build muscle and burn fat.
- Age – As our bodies go through the aging process it is important to maintain optimal levels of vitamins and minerals to keep our bodies healthy. Your multivitamin will also normally contains anti-oxidants such as Vitamin E and C, which helps us to age gracefully.
For more information on how to choose the right multivitamin for you, come speak to one of our assistants in store.