It is officially one month into the New Year! Unfortunately, many of us are already starting to feel tired, overwhelmed and stressed. What a way to start of 2020… If you are feeling low on energy there are a few things that can help you regain your energy!
- Get Quality sleep – It is important to get quality sleep. When we get a proper night’s rest, the body is able to recover and restore its energy reserves for the next day. If you are missing out on quality sleep, you will feel your energy levels drop dramatically. (Stay tuned for more info on how to get a good night’s sleep.)
- Vitamin and mineral support – Often when we feel tired or even exhausted, it can be due to an underlying vitamin or mineral deficiency. The most common vitamins and minerals associated with increased fatigue are
- B12 & other B – vitamins
- Vitamin D3
- Reduce Stress – When our bodies experience continued stress or anxiety, it can cause increased levels of cortisol. If you are continually experiencing elevated levels of cortisol it can deplete your mineral levels, especially magnesium, which may lead to fatigue. It is important to incorporate your favourite way of destressing into your daily or weekly routine. It may also help to support your body with supplements that assist with stress support.
- Exercise – Exercise is a type of eustress; this is when your body experiences stress, but with a positive outcome. Exercise helps to improve sleep and improve the bodies response to distress.
- Improved Diet – When our diets are healthy our bodies function better. Healthy diet = more energy. Find a balance that works for you and stay consistent. Giving your body the proper fuel it requires, will result in more energy.
Come down to your 24 Hour Pharmacy and find out how we can help you get your energy back!
Note: If fatigue persists please consult your physician.
Written by Simone’ Amaan – M-KEM’s new instore Phytotherapist at the Health Zone